Recipe taken from The New Vegan by Aine Carlin, published by Kyle Books. Photography by Nassima Rothacker.
- 1 cup frozen mango chunks
- ½ ripe avocado, peeled
- 2 heaping tablespoons coconut yogurt
- 1 heaping teaspoon coconut oil
- 2 pitted Medjool dates
- 1½ cups spinach leaves
- juice of ½ lime
- 1 teaspoon spirulina/chlorella or hemp powder
- ½ cup Plant Milk (see page 28)
- blueberries, fresh mango slices, sliced almonds, and shredded coconut, to serve
- Place the frozen mango pieces in a food processor or blender along with the avocado, coconut yogurt, coconut oil, dates, spinach leaves, lime juice, spirulina, and plant milk of your choice.
- Blend until completely smooth and serve in a shallow bowl with the fresh mango, a handful of fresh blueberries, and a sprinkling of sliced almonds and shredded coconut.