*Freeze the remainder of the coconut cream in an ice-cube tray. Throw a cube or two into a smoothie, or defrost to add the cream to recipes.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Super Woman Rx by Tasneem Bhatia MD.
- 1⁄2 cup chia seeds
- 2 cups coconut, almond or cashew milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon canned coconut cream*
- 1 tablespoon honey
- In a medium bowl, mix together the chia seeds, milk, vanilla, coconut cream, and honey until well combined.
- Pour into 4 ramekins or small dishes.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight to set.