The easiest way to scoop out the coconut cream, is to open the cans from the bottom (in other words, turn the can upside down before opening). Pour off the water, then scoop out the cream.
- For Confetti Cupcakes:
- 2 cups (224g) blanched almond flour
- ½ cup (72g) arrowroot
- 4 scoops (31g) Youtheory® Vanilla Collagen Powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp fine sea salt
- ½ cup plain full-fat yogurt, at room temperature
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¾ cup maple syrup
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp sprinkles, plus more for the top, optional
- For Whipped Coconut Frosting:
- 2 13- to 14-oz cans coconut cream (look for a brand with no gums or stabilizers, like Let’s Do Organic)
- 1/3 cup light-colored honey
- 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch fine sea salt
- Make cupcakes: Preheat oven to 350ºF; line a 12-cup muffin tin and 4 cups of a separate muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, arrowroot, collagen, baking powder, baking soda and salt until well combined. In a large bowl, whisk yogurt, oil, maple syrup, eggs and vanilla until well combined.
- Stir flour mixture into yogurt mixture until all ingredients are fully incorporated. Fold in sprinkles, if desired. Divide batter among muffin cups. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool in pans on wire racks for 5 minutes, then transfer from pans to racks to cool completely. (Make sure cupcakes are completely cooled before frosting.)
- Make frosting: Place cans of coconut cream in the fridge for at least 4 hours or up to overnight. Open cans; very carefully scoop out firm cream, leaving coconut water behind (reserve for another use). Place coconut cream in a large bowl.
- Add honey, vanilla, and salt to bowl with coconut cream. Using an electric mixer, beat until well combined and smooth, about 1 to 2 minutes. Add to a pastry bag (or large ziplock bag) and pipe onto cupcakes. Add sprinkles to the top, if desired.