The citrus notes in the orange extract in this recipe bring out the flavor of the unsweetened cocoa powder. You can make this a double-chocolate fat bomb instead by swapping out the orange extract for chocolate extract.
Calories: 152 | Fat: 16.0 g | Protein: 0.5 g | Sodium: 1 milligram | Fiber: 0.8 g | Carbohydrates: 1.4 g | Net Carbohydrates: 0.6 g | Sugar: 0.1 g
Excerpted from Keto Snacks: From Sweet and Savory Fat Bombs to Pizza Bites and Jalapeño Poppers, 100 Low-Carb Snacks for Every Craving by Lindsay Boyers, CHNC, Copyright © 2018 Adams Media, a division of Simon and Schuster. Used by permission of the publisher. All rights reserved. Photographs by James Stefiuk.
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup coconut oil
- 5 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- Mix all ingredients together in a small saucepan over medium-low heat until melted and smooth.
- Pour into a 12-cup silicone mold and place into the freezer until hardened, about 30 minutes.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to eat.