CHILI-LIME CAULIFLOWER BOWL is excerpted from VEGAN RESET © 2018 by Best of Vegan LLC. Photography © 2018 by Best of Vegan LLC. Reproduced by permission of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. All rights reserved.
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/3 head yellow cauliflower, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup whole almonds
- ¼ fresh hot red chile pepper, thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup boiling water
- ½ cup couscous
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- Juice of 1 lime
- 4 collard green leaves, chopped
- 2 cups chopped curly kale
- Handful of fresh parsley leaves, for garnish
- Sauté the shallot, garlic, cauliflower, and bell pepper in the oil in a pan over medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Add the almonds and chile and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Meanwhile, pour the boiling water over the couscous in a separate pot, add the salt, stir well, and let sit for 5 minutes. Add a little more water if the couscous looks too dry.
- Stir the cardamom and lime juice into the couscous and transfer the couscous to the pan with the vegetables, stirring to combine.
- Cook the collard greens and kale in a large pan with about 2 tablespoons water over high heat for 3 minutes.
- Serve the couscous and vegetables over the greens and garnish with the parsley.