Recipe reprinted with permission from Oy Vey Vegan: Vegan Cuisine with a Mediterranean Flair by Estee Raviv.
- 1 head of cauliflower, steamed
- 1 medium zucchini, cubed
- 1/2 C raw cashews, soaked for 1/2 hour, and drained
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons flaxseed meal and 6 tablespoons lukewarm water. Let stand for 10-15 minutes.)
- 1/2 C cornmeal
- 1/2 C gf panko bread crumbs
- 1 C fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1 TBSP nutritional yeast
- olive oil spray
- Heat oven to 375° F.
- In a food processor add all the ingredients, pulse until smooth.
- Spray a baking sheet with olive oil. Using an ice cream scoop, place evenly spaced portions of the mixture on the baking sheet and flatten them with wet hands. Dip the scoop in water in between portions to prevent sticking.
- Spray the top of the patties with olive oil and bake for about 30- 40 minutes, until golden brown.
- Let sit for 5-10 minutes before serving.