Nutritional Values (per serving):
Total Calories: 1803 kcal
Per portion 450.7
Total Carbs: 42 g
Per portion 10.5
Fat: 98 g
Per portion 24.5
Protein: 127 g
Per portion 31.7
Fiber: 5 g
Per portion 1.2
Net Carbs: 37 g
Per portion 9.2
- 1 cup (55 g) cashew pieces
- ½ cup (12 g) fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp (28 g) coconut oil, divided
- ¼ tsp unrefined sea salt
- 1 lb (454 g) salmon fillets, with skin
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) coconut aminos
- 1 lime, juiced
- In a food processor, blend the cashews, cilantro, 1 tablespoon (14 g) of coconut oil and salt, until even, green crumbles are formed.
- In a medium nonstick skillet, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon (14 g) of coconut oil over high heat, then place the salmon fillets in the pan, skin side down. Immediately spread the cashew crumbles on top the fillets, pressing them down onto the fish and creating a crust about ½ to ¾ inch (1 to 2 cm) thick. Cover immediately with a tight-fitting lid and lower the heat to medium. Cook until the salmon is turning opaque all over, about 5 minutes, then turn off the heat and let sit for another minute.
- While the salmon is cooking, make the ponzu sauce by mixing the coconut aminos with the lime juice. Serve hot with a couple of tablespoons of ponzu sauce on top of the salmon. This is great with Salt and Pepper Asparagus on the side.