Recipe reprinted with permission from The Keto Reset Diet by Mark Sisson.
- 2 large ripe avocados
- 4 medium eggs
- ½ teaspoon (2 ml) kosher salt or Tajin
- ¼ teaspoon (1 ml) black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C). Cut the avocados in half lengthwise and remove the pits. Use a spoon to scoop approximately 1 tablespoon (15 ml) out of each half to create a bowl.
- Place the avocados in a baking dish. If they won’t stay put without rolling, roll up pieces of aluminum foil to create little holders for them to rest in.
- Carefully crack one egg into each half, trying not to break the yolk. Sprinkle with the salt and pepper. Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until the eggs are cooked to your liking. Serve hot.