Our favorite gluten-free cake mixes include King Arthur Flour, Pamela’s and Cake Therapy brands.
- 4 cups chopped fresh, organic apples (about 2 large apples)
- 1 box gluten-free cake mix (see note)
- ¾ cup grass-fed butter, melted (plus extra for greasing the pan)
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9-inch square baking dish with a bit of butter.
- Spread the apples in an even layer at the bottom, layer the cake mix on top and drizzle with melted butter.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon over the top. Bake for 25 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Use a toothpick to confirm it’s cooked through.