Skip to content
Brought to you by

Spring Into Wellness With These 6 Tips

March 10, 2017

By Mara Koval

We’re all excited for Spring, with its warmer weather, fresh fragrant produce, and the opportunity to find balance and set some new wellness goals.

To get us all inspired we partnered with the Institute for Integrative Nutrition (IIN) to create Supercharge Your Spring, a free e-book featuring 25 rejuvenating tips from some of the country’s top health coaches, plus a dozen simple—and simply delicious—recipes.

Below, we’ve compiled six of these experts’ energizing, easy solutions to help jumpstart your mind, body, and overall wellness this Spring, and year-round.  For the full e-book with all the tips and recipes go here.


Heather Thomson, brand ambassador and former “Real Housewives of New York City” cast member recommends “making an effort to set aside time to be outdoors, whether it’s a walk in the woods, a run, skiing, or hiking. Nature is nurture.” For Heather, this provides balance and calm; after all, “happiness is more than a number on a scale.”


A home makeover is critical, according to Vanessa Packer, founder of Modelfit, and a true believer in the less-is-more philosophy: “Making sure you are as decluttered as possible will leave space for creativity and peace.”  

Also, if you want to kickstart your workout regime, consistency is critical. “Setting weekly goals and making sure you meet them is what makes the biggest difference,” says Vanessa.


Elizabeth Stein of Purely Elizabeth, a healthy food and wellness brand, believes eating healthfully 80 percent of the time, and letting loose (in moderation) the other 20 percent is the best way to “prevent feeling guilty for eating a slice of pizza on a Saturday night. It will free you from the idea of perfection and allow you to just enjoy life!” Part of her 80 percent? Starting the day with oatmeal topped with fresh fruit and nut butter.


Eating with friends is “the easiest way to nourish yourself on a deeper level to relieve your stress, inspire you, and feed you from both the inside out and the outside in,” says Lauren Imparato, founder of I.AM.YOU and author of Retox. Her Retox California Burrito (available in Supercharge Your Spring) is a perfect dish to share with your bae.


Treating your body like a temple “is the best practice we can focus on instead of trying to fix, change, and improve our body out of fear,” says Melissa Ambrosini of Mastering Your Mean Girl. “For many years, I loathed my body but that caused so much stress and anxiety. I now treat my body like a temple.”


“A mug of hot water in the morning with the juice of half a lemon boosts your immune system,” says Madeleine Murphy, co-founder of Montauk Juice Factory. “It alkalizes your system, aids in weight loss, helps with digestion, clears the skin and hydrates the lymph system!” 


To get dozens of other helpful tips, plus some delicious recipes such as Madeleine’s Unicorn Latte (pictured above), download your free Supercharge Your Spring e-book here now!


Good food
people together.
So do
good emails.

What our editors love right now

Good food brings people together.
So do good emails.

  • Hidden
  • Hidden
  • Hidden
  • Hidden