Cold and flu season, winter blues, energy slumps—this season brings with it a ton of hassles.
One of the best ways to battle it all: Staying hydrated. Our favorite way to get it done is with Liquid I.V. But first, the why.
We know you’re never without your water bottle when it’s hot out—but (surprisingly) it’s every bit as important to keep up that good habit all winter. Here’s why:
- It helps fend off colds and flu. Staying hydrated boosts your body’s immune function, so sip away.
- Helps you heal. If you’re already sniffling and coughing from a cold or flu, drinking plenty of fluids can help break up congestion, help your body fight the bug and soothe headaches.
- Aids digestion. We tend to eat richer foods in the winter, and staying hydrated keeps your digestion humming along. This helps keep your energy up, too.
- Workout recovery. Still working those New Year’s resolutions and hitting the gym or working out outside? Staying hydrated will help your muscles recover more quickly, so no “I’m too sore” excuses the next day.
- Sleep. Staying hydrated means less snoring and nighttime leg cramps, so you can rest more peacefully. Better sleep equals more energy all day.
You’ve probably heard that you should drink 8 8-oz. glasses of water a day, but that can be hard to keep up, especially if you’re on the go. The solution: Upgrade your water with Liquid I.V., a specific mix of potassium, sodium, and glucose that hydrates you faster and more efficiently than water alone.
Liquid I.V. beats other electrolyte drinks on the market, because this convenient powder uses Cellular Transport Technology (CTT), science pioneered by the World Health Organization that harnesses a specific ratio of electrolytes to allow water to be absorbed in the upper digestive tract. Normally liquids have to pass through the whole digestive system, and you lose water and nutrients along the way. The CTT in Liquid I.V. is like an express track, giving one bottle of water the hydration power of two to three times as much water.
With Liquid I.V., your body absorbs 75 to 80 percent of the water you drink, instead of the 20 percent you get from regular water.
And you can feel good about using Liquid I.V. because it’s vegan, gluten free and made from simple, clean non-GMO ingredients with no artificial sweeteners, colors or preservatives. It also provides vitamins B3, B5, B6, B12 and C, to boost energy and help shore up your immune system.
Get ready to say, “Take that, winter!” Clean Plates readers get 20% off Liquid I.V. with the code CLEAN20. Winter hassles, tackled.