Salmon Mega-List: 25 Easy & Delicious Recipes
Salmon is everyone’s favorite super-nutritious fish. It’s packed with protein and omega-3 fatty acids, as well as potassium, selenium, and vitamin B. In addition to being a health powerhouse, it’s one of the most adaptable and flavorful fish in the sea. Fresh, canned, or smoked, stuffed in an avocado or served on top of salad greens, salmon can swim its way into any dish. Need proof? We’ve rounded up 25 diverse and delicious salmon recipes to choose from.
‘Tis the season for grilling. Cooking salmon over an open flame gives the fish that perfectly crispy skin and tender, flakey flesh with a distinct chargrilled taste. Steaks, filets, and salmon burgers are all great candidates for the grill.
- How to Make the Best Grilled Salmon from Foodie Crush
- Grilled Salmon Steaks with Cilantro-and-Garlic Yogurt Sauce from Bon Appetit
- Garlic Herb-Grilled Salmon from Rasa Malaysia
- Firecracker Grilled Salmon from Taste of Home
- Grilled Salmon Burgers with Avocado Salsa from Laughing Spatula
Sheet Pan Salmon
If you’re short on time and dinner ideas, a sheet pan and some salmon are all you need for an endless combination of quick and healthy meals that clean up with ease. Throw down some foil or parchment paper and get creative! Try out new-to-you seasonings or marinades. Pair salmon with different veggies, starches, and fruits. It’s a great way to experiment with fun flavors or those days when you need to clean out your produce bin.
- Asian Salmon Sheet Pan Dinner from Modern Proper
- Sheet Pan Salmon and Asparagus with Potatoes from Creme de la Crumb
- Sheet Pan Teriyaki Salmon from Nom Nom Paleo
- Roasted Salmon Sheet Pan Dinner from Healthy Seasonal Recipes
- Sheet Pan Harissa Salmon with Potatoes and Citrus from The New York Times
Satisfying Salmon Salads
From a light lunch to a quick dinner, salmon is the perfect addition to turn a simple salad into a well-rounded meal. Whether served chilled, warm, flaked, or filleted salmon works in so many ways on a bed of crispy veggies and greens or mixed with fresh pasta and herbs.
- Southwest Salmon Salad from How Sweet Eats
- Simple Strawberry Salmon Salad from The Fed Up Foodie
- Salmon and Kale Caesar Salad from A Saucy Kitchen
- Salmon and Asparagus Pasta Salad from Lord Byron
- Easy Chopped Salmon Salad from Primavera Kitchen
Canned Salmon Recipes
Canned salmon is a great way to get all the nutrients of fresh salmon in a quick, convenient, and relatively inexpensive way. Patties or a salmon-y take on tuna salad are the obvious choice, but you can also canned salmon to bulk up potato salad, stuff into avocado, or add to egg salad.
- How to Make Salmon Patties with Whatever’s in the Fridge
- 5-Minute Salmon Salad from The Real Food Dietitians
- Warm Salmon Potato Salad from The Sophisticated Caveman
- Salmon Avocado Boats from Fit Foodie Finds
- Salmon Egg Salad from Little Broken
Smoked Salmon (Not on a Bagel)
Everyone loves smoked salmon on a bagel with cream cheese but there’s so much more it can do. From dips to pasta, adding smoked salmon makes a simple dish stand out — and delivers the same boost of nutrients as its fresh counterpart.
- Smoked Salmon Platter from How Sweet Eats
- Smoked Salmon Pasta from The Endless Meal
- Hot Smoked Salmon and Sweet Potato Cakes with Spiced Yoghurt from Chew Town
- Smoked Salmon Dip from Dinner at the Zoo
- 10-Minute Smoked Salmon Pinwheels from Ambitious Kitchen
Good food brings people together. So do good emails.