- 1 can (15 ounces) organic garbanzo (chickpeas) beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 tablespoons sesame tahini
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Combine the garbanzo beans and tahini in the food processor and process until the beans are ground and you have a thick paste consistency.
- Smash the garlic cloves with the side of a large knife. Trim the ends and discard the peel.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and stir until fragrant and golden, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and add the cumin; stir until toasted, about 5 seconds. Quickly stir in the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil.
- Scrape the mixture into the processor; process until incorporated. Add the water, lemon juice and salt and process until the mixture is fluffy and smooth, 2 to 3 minutes. Serve chilled or at room temperature.