June 22, 2017
Lauren Imparato loves having this as a breakfast pre workout or post workout snack. This easy recipe is featured on her blog and Instagram.
- 1 tortilla (any kind other than all-purpose flour)
- 2 slices organic sharp cheddar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup baby spinach
- ½ chopped tomato
- In a medium sautè pan, warm the tortilla, about 30 seconds per side. Add the cheese and warm for 1 minute, or until melted. Transfer to a plate.
- In the same saute pan, warm the olive oil over medium heat. Add the egg and cook 2 minutes on one side, 30 seconds on the other.
- Melt 2 slices of sharp cheddar on the tortilla
- Place egg atop the tortilla/cheese & top with baby spinach, red onion, tomato chopped
- Drizzle with optional Hot Sauce