Recipe by Carolina Santos-Neves
- For dressing:
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 1 1-inch piece of peeled ginger
- For salad:
- 1 5 oz container baby spinach
- ½ fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 1 4.3 oz container of sardines in olive oil (or good quality tuna)
- 1 avocado, peeled and cubed
- ¼ cup toasted hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- In a food processor add all ingredients for the dressing. Blend until smooth. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, add spinach, fennel, sardines, avocado and hazelnuts.
- Drizzle with as much dressing as you’d like. Plate and enjoy!