Recipe by USA Pears
- 1 small delicata squash
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate molasses* See Note
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 Red Anjou pears, halved, cored and cut into 6 wedges
- 8 ounces Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved (keep any loose leaves)
- 3 large shallots, peeled, trimmed and quartered lengthwise
- 1/4 cup fresh pomegranate seeds
- Preheat the oven to 425F. Halve the squash lengthwise and scoop out the seeds. Cut into 1/2-inch thick, moon-shaped slices.
- Whisk together the olive oil, pomegranate molasses, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add the squash, pears, Brussels sprouts and shallots and toss to coat evenly.
- Spread the mixture on a large rimmed baking sheet in a single layer with the cut sides down. Roast tender and browned on one side, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Loosen the pears and vegetables from the baking pan with a firm spatula and toss together.
- Transfer to a serving platter and sprinkle with the pomegranate seeds. Serve hot or at room temperature.