- 2 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and cut into 1⁄4-inch slices
- 1 large carrot, peeled and sliced thinly into coins
- 1 bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 large heirloom tomato, seeded and diced
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, sliced into thin strips
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup pine nuts, cooked or sprouted lentils, or chickpeas
- Combine all the ingredients except for the pine nuts in a large mixing bowl. Adjust the seasonings to taste (you can add more herbs if you like, or more lemon for a more tart taste).
- Let all the ingredients marinate for a few hours, so that the flavors can marry. If you’re serving it cool, simply stir in the pine nuts or legumes and plate. If you’re heating it, use one of the options below, and stir in the pine nuts or legumes right before serving.
- Oven option: Preheat the oven to 400°F. Place the vegetables in a small casserole dish and cook for 15 minutes. Give the vegetables a stir, and cook for another 10 minutes, or until they’re soft throughout.
- Dehydrator option: Set your dehydrator to 140°F. Spread the vegetables onto two Teflex-lined dehydrator sheets, and dehydrate for an hour before serving them warm. If you keep the dish raw, it will last overnight in the fridge.