Recipe by Mark Sisson
BIO: Ancestral health pioneer and former endurance athlete Mark Sisson is a New York Times bestselling author of the The Keto Reset Diet and bestselling author of Primal Blueprint and Primal Endurance. He also runs the Primal Nutrition supplement company; Primal Kitchen, which offers dairy/gluten/grain/soy free foods; and the Primal Kitchen Restaurants franchise.
- 2 large ripe avocados
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) heavy cream
- 2 slices bacon, cooked until crispy and crumbled
- ½ teaspoon (2 ml) kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon (1 ml) black pepper
- ¾ cup (65 g) shredded Monterey jack cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C). Cut the avocados in half lengthwise and remove the pits. Use a spoon to scoop approximately 1 tablespoon (15 ml) out of each half to create a bowl.
- Place the avocados in a baking dish. If they won’t stay put without rolling, roll up pieces of aluminum foil to create little holders for them to rest in.
- Whisk the eggs in a small bowl with the cream. Add the crumbled bacon, salt, and pepper. Spoon the egg mixture into the avocados.
- Bake approximately 12 minutes or until the egg is just set. Remove from the oven and sprinkle the cheese evenly over the avocados. Bake 5 minutes more to lightly brown the tops.