5 Low-Sugar Breakfast Recipes That Will Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth
Published on May 13, 2021
Clean Plates Team
It’s not like you’re mainlining Lucky Charms for breakfast (uh, right?), but even a.m. meals that seem healthy can pack in the sugar. We found some delicious, low sugar breakfast recipes that will satisfy your sweet tooth — without the mid-morning sugar crash.
1. Coconut-Almond Paleo Breakfast Muffins from The Endless Meal
These muffins have some natural sugar from the bananas, but zero added sugars, and plenty of protein and healthy fats from almond flour and coconut. They’re sure to satisfy even the craziest a.m. muffin cravings.
2. Whole30 Banana Almond Chia Pudding from Grits & Chopsticks
This hearty, banana almond chia pudding will give your brain a jump-start. Coconut milk makes it super rich and creamy, and sliced toasted almonds on top add crunch.
3. Peanut Butter Keto Low Carb Smoothie with Almond Milk from Food Faith Fitness
Smoothies are some of the easiest breakfasts to make, but they can go from super to sweet if you add too much. This recipe only takes 5 ingredients to make a creamy, sugar-free breakfast smoothie that tastes like dessert.
4. Strawberry Cauliflower Smoothie from Life Is But a Dish
Wait, what? Cauliflower in a smoothie? Yes! Swap frozen florets for some of the banana you’d normally blend in, and you have a creamy, luscious frosty breakfast with no hint of cauli taste but tons of fiber and nutrients.
5. Simple Grain-Free Granola from Minimalist Baker
Loaded with nuts, seeds, coconut and spices, this make-ahead granola will give you the crunch you want without tons of the sweet stuff. Did we mention it takes just 30 minutes to make?
Hungry for more?
- 10 Healthy Low-Carb Breakfasts to Start Your Morning Right
- 10 Easy, Healthy Pancake Recipes
- 5 Awesome Whole30 Breakfasts