This recipe is by Laura D’Alessandro
- For the Chia Pudding:
- ¾ cup chia seeds
- 2 ¼ cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- For the Quick Berry Jam:
- 2 cups seasonal berries, about 1 lb, roughly chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- Fresh mint leaves and additional berries, for garnish
- Make the chia pudding a day ahead so it has a chance to thicken. Mix the chia seeds, almond milk, cinnamon and maple syrup in an airtight container and store in the fridge.
- Next make the jam. Place chopped berries and lemon juice in a sauce pan and simmer until reduced by half, about 30 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, stir in the chia and transfer to an 8-oz glass jar.
- When you’re ready to assemble, layer ¼ cup chia pudding followed by 2 tablespoons berry jam and another ¼ cup pudding in a glass jar or parfait cup. Add sliced almonds, fresh mint and additional sliced berries to garnish. These can be assembled ahead as breakfast for the week.