- 3 C chopped lacinata or curly kale
- 2 tsp chopped garlic
- ¼ c walnuts, toasted
- Zest of 1 lemon & 1 Tbsp of its juice
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 6 T xvoo
- 1 T water
- Place kale in a medium sauce pan. Add enough water to cover the bottom of the pan. Place a lid on the pan and bring to a boil cook kale for 3 minutes while stirring. Remove kale and run under cold water until cooled. Drain through a fine mesh strainer and press out any excess liquid.
- Place walnuts in a small sauté pan and toast for 3 -5 minutes over low to medium heat until lightly browned and aromatic.
- Place all ingredients into a small food processor or blender. Mix until almost a puree but still chunky stopping and scraping down sides periodically.