Recipe by Ava Reece
These are sure to impress even the pickiest of eaters! They also make great leftovers to take to work the next day.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup frozen corn
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped bell pepper, any color
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 1/3 cup reduced fat Arla Cream Cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup shredded Pepper Jack cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon or lime juice
- 1 13-ounce can all natural chicken breast, drained
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, plus more for topping
- 8 to 10 organic corn tortillas
- Salsa, plain Greek yogurt, mashed avocado, for serving (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- In a small pan sauté, heat the olive oil over moderate heat. Add the corn, onion, bell pepper, and garlic and cook until tender, about 3 minutes. Add to a medium bowl and combine all the remaining ingredients except the tortillas.
- In a large nonstick pan or in the oven, warm the tortillas. (This way they won't break apart when baking.) Place 2-3 large spoonfuls of the mixture in a line on a lower 1/3 of the tortilla, leaving about 1/2 inch of space from the edge.
- Once all your taquitos are rolled, lightly drizzle the tops with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Roll them up tightly and then placed on a sprayed cookie sheet. Bake for 15-20 min, or until nice and crispy!
- Serve with salsa, plain greek yogurt, mashed avocado, or a combination of all three and ENJOY!!