Dandelions, a bitter green, surprisingly make a great salad. Pair them with hard-boiled eggs and vinegar, and you’ve got yourself a healthy, hearty salad.
- 2 bunches dandelion greens, thick stems removed, cut into 2-inch pieces (about 6 cups)
- (*CP Note: If you can't find or aren't fond of dandelion greens this salad works wonderfully using tender greens such as spinach or arugula or try a mix of greens for varied flavor and nutrients.)
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- ½ medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Fine sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Crumbled croutons or toasted breadcrumbs (optional)
- Put all the ingredients (except the croutons, if using) in a large salad bowl and really get in there with your hands to thoroughly mix everything so the egg yolks break down and coat the greens. Sprinkle with croutons or toasted breadcrumbs, if you like.