This recipe is from A Girl and Her Greens ($25;Ecco) by April Bloomfield.
- 2 cups fresh peas (from about 2 pounds pods)
- 1 ounce aged Pecorino Romano cheese, finely grated
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Maldon or another flaky sea salt
- 1 small spring garlic clove or 1/2 small garlic clove, smashed, peeled and roughly chopped
- 12 medium mint leaves
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Scant 2 tablespoons lemon juice, plus more for finishing
- Combine the ingredients in a food processor and pulse to a coarse puree, about 45 seconds.
- Scrape the mixture into a bowl and roughly stir and smoosh a bit so it’s a little creamy, and a little chunky.
- Season to taste with more salt and lemon juice—you want it to taste sweet and bright but not acidic.
- Serve with fresh cut veggies, smeared on toast, or as a sandwich spread.