This recipe is from A Girl and Her Greens ($25;Ecco) by April Bloomfield.
- 2 cups fresh peas (from about 2 pounds pods)
- 1 ounce aged pecorino, finely grated
- 1½ teaspoons Maldon or another flaky sea salt
- 1 small spring garlic clove or
- ½ small garlic clove, smashed, peeled, and roughly chopped
- 12 medium mint leaves (preferably black mint)
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Scant 2 tablespoons lemon juice, plus more for finishing
- Combine the ingredients in a food processor and pulse to a coarse puree, about 45 seconds. Scrape the mixture into a bowl and roughly stir and smoosh a bit so it’s a little creamy and a little chunky. Season to taste with more salt and lemon juice—you want it to taste sweet and bright but not acidic.