By Lauren Salkeld
If the mixture gets too soft to roll into balls, pop it in the freezer for a few minutes to firm up.
- ¾ cup canned pure pumpkin purée (not pumpkin pie filling)
- ¾ cup organic peanut butter or any other organic nut butter
- ¼ cup raw honey
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup mini bittersweet or dark chocolate chips or chopped dark chocolate
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large bowl, combine the pumpkin purée, peanut butter, honey, cinnamon, and salt and stir until completely blended. Add the rolled oats and chocolate and stir to incorporate.
- Using your hands, roll the mixture into 1-inch balls and place on the parchment–lined baking sheet. Freeze the balls for 1 hour then transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate up to 1 week.