Skip to content
August 19, 2018
Recipe by Ariel Martinez
- 5 cups cubed, peeled butternut squash
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon ground turmeric, plus more for garnish
- 1/8 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- Fresh rosemary sprig
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut milk
- Preheat oven to 350F. Place butternut squash on a large baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Drizzle olive oil and sprinkle spices on squash. Lay onion and garlic on top of squash and roast for 20 minutes, or until softened.
- In a large stockpot, combine veggies with water, broth and rosemary sprig and bring to a simmer over medium heat, about 20 minutes.
- In a blender, combine soup and coconut milk until creamy consistency is reached. Season with more turmeric, stir, and serve.