Breakfast Bowls Mega-List: 25 Delicious Recipes to Fuel Your Day
June 8, 2021
By Lauren Paige
Everything tastes better when it’s in a bowl, especially the most important meal of the day. And these days, breakfast bowls go way beyond your basic oatmeal. There are a million different grains you can use and a million ways to mix things up — well, at least 25. Even better? You can make a big batch of grains over the weekend and use it as the base for breakfast grain bowls all week.
Need some inspo? Dig into this mega-list of easy, delicious recipes to fill your bowl and fuel your body.
Quinoa Breakfast Bowls
Quinoa’s mild flavor makes it super-versatile. It’s also gluten-free and packed with protein — and it cooks fast and stores well, making it suitable for a quick morning meal or weekend prep.
- Dark Chocolate Quinoa Breakfast Bowl from Minimalist Baker
- Cinnamon Toast Breakfast Quinoa from Cookie and Kate
- Apple Cinnamon Breakfast Bowl from Joyful Healthy Eats
- Quinoa Spinach Breakfast Bowl from Everyday Healthy Recipes
- Savory Quinoa Breakfast Bowl from Eat with Clarity
Farro is a nutty-flavored grain that can go sweet or savory, warm or cold. We think its toothsome texture makes absolutely everything better.
- Cumin Spiced Farro Breakfast Bowl from Whole Food Bellies
- Farro Breakfast Bowl with Caramelized Peaches from The Beach House Kitchen
- Mediterranean Farro Breakfast Bowl from Lemons for Lulu
- Farro Breakfast Pudding With Dates and Cardamom from My Quiet Kitchen
- Farro Breakfast Bowl from Kara Lydon
This gluten-free whole grain is rich in fiber, magnesium, phosphorous, and good-for-your-gut prebiotics.
- Millet Porridge with Honey Glazed Plums from Vikalinka
- Creamy Millet Breakfast Porridge by From Scratch Fast
- Banana Millet Breakfast Porridge from Savory Simple
- Sweet Potato & Coconut Millet Bowls from Clean Eating
- Breakfast Bulgur and Millet Grain Bowl from Bob’s Red Mill
Despite its name, buckwheat is actually wheat-free. It’s also rich in fiber and potassium, with an earthy, nutty, slightly bitter flavor.
- Raw Raspberry Buckwheat Bowl from Rise Shine Cook
- Buckwheat Coconut Porridge from Vegan Blueberry
- Cinnamon Buckwheat Breakfast Bowls from Breakfast for Dinner
- Savoury Buckwheat Breakfast Bowl from Vikalinka
- Savoury Sprouted Buckwheat Breakfast Bowl from Second Spring Foods
Breakfast rice bowls are a fantastic reason to always, always make extra rice. Brown rice is a more fiber-rich, nutrient-dense option, but if white rice is what you’ve got, use it. This affordable staple has a subtle flavor that makes an ideal base for topping with bold flavors, seasonings, and spices.