- 1 ripe banana
- Honey & Sea Salt: ½ tablespoon honey and a pinch or two of sea salt, to taste.
- Toasted Chocolate Coconut: ½ tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder and 1 tablespoon coconut flakes or shreds toasted lightly on the stovetop. Save some coconut for garnish.
- Almonds & Dates: a few almonds roughly chopped by hand or in the food processor, 2 dates finely chopped by hand or in the food processor, a dash of cinnamon.
- Peanut Butter & Chocolate: 1 tablespoon all natural peanut butter and a few dark chocolate chips.
- Peel and slice the banana into small pieces, put in a freezer safe container, and place in freezer overnight.
- When you’re ready to make the ice cream, dump the frozen banana slices in a food processor (the smaller the better for 1 - 2 bananas) and blend until creamy. You will have to stop a few times to scrape down the sides.
- Blend in your mix-ins. If you prefer more of a frozen yogurt texture, stop here and enjoy! To harden your ice cream a little more, stick it in the freezer until it’s reached your desired consistency.