Recipe by Connie Weissmuller
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, plus more for dusting
- Dash of nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups shredded carrot
- 3 tablespoons raisins
- 1 7-ounce container of Arla Light Cream Cheese, for frosting
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup, for frosting
- 1 tablespoon water, for frosting
- Preheat the oven to 350F. In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and baking soda and whisk together.
- In a large bowl, combine apple sauce, oil, egg, and vanilla extract and mix well.
- Add the wet into the dry ingredients and combine, then add the carrots and raisins.
- Spray your donut tin with non-stick spray. Spoon the batter in the donut well, until just below the top of each container.
- Bake for 20 minutes or till a toothpick comes out clean. Let them cool.
- In a mixing bowl, add the cream cheese with the maple syrup and water and mix with a hand mixer till smooth.
- Once donuts have cooled, dunk them in the cream cheese or gently spoon the glaze on top and top with a dash of cinnamon!