By Lauren Paige
Memorial Day Weekend marks the unofficial arrival of summer and what better way to celebrate than with a gathering of friends and family and plenty of good food. We’ve gathered up all the Memorial Day recipes you’ll need, from dips and salads to pitcher-size drinks and all the grilled things. These easy warm-weather recipes are guaranteed to kickstart the season of outdoor shindigs.
We’re not saying you can’t have a great get-together without a good dip (or three), but it won’t hurt either. Here are a few ideas to get you started, from the lovechild of guac and salsa to a hot-pink vegan beet dip. Serve with a mix of veggies and chips.
- Avocado Salsa Recipe from Downshiftology
- Vegan Roasted Beet Dip from Always Nourished
- Dairy Free Buffalo Chicken Dip from All The Healthy Things
- Best Lebanese Hummus from Feel Good Foodie
- Sun-Dried Tomato and Basil White Bean Dip from Salt & Lavender
All the Salads
Salads are cookout staple, whether you’re talking potato salads, pasta salads, veggie-centric salads, or fruit salads. With a variety of textures and flavors, they pack a lot of nutrition and go a long way when feeding a crowd.
- Citrus Avocado Salad from Spices In My DNA
- Grilled Potato Salad with Tangy Mustard Dressing from Plating and Pairings
- Mediterranean Pasta Salad from Love and Lemons
- Spicy Cucumber Salad from Eatwell101
- Green Bean Salad with Balsamic Basil Vinaigrette from Carlsbad Cravings
- Fruit Salad with Healthy Honey Yogurt Sauce from Gimme Delicious
- Grilled Eggplant Salad with Freekeh from Feasting At Home
If you are looking for something to sip under the sunshine, then whip up a pitcher of one of these cooling, refreshing drinks. With or without alcohol, these thirst-quenching beverages will keep your crowd hydrated and happy.
- Watermelon Agua Fresca (Agua de Sandia) from Isabel Eats
- Lavender Lemonade from How Sweet Eats
- Pitcher Palomas from Fed and Fit
- White Wine Spritzer with Fruit from Crumb Top Baking
- Coconut Lemon Sour Party Pitcher from One Armed Mama
From the Grill
Nothing says summer like that smoky, barbecue flavor from the grill. A bit of charcoal adds that distinct seasoning to veggies, fish, burgers, and even fruit if you dare!
- The Best Easy Grilled Vegetables from Foodie Crush
- Grilled Steak Kebabs from Real Food Dietitians
- Grilled Pizza from Tastes Better from Scratch
- Easy Grilled Tofu from A Couple Cooks
- Salmon Satay Skewers from A Dash of Dolly
- Herbed Honey Mustard Chicken from Simply Scratch
- Easy Grilled Caesar Shrimp Burgers from Lively Table
- Grilled Stone Fruit with Honey Lemon Yogurt Sauce from Jessica Levinson