5 New Healthy Products We Love: Volume 14
By Stephanie Schoenster
This week we found ready-to-go, healthy snacks and brews for our busy lives. From completely raw cookies and bars to kombucha with a kick, we can’t wait to add these new, nutritious foods to our daily routine.
1. Pipcorn: Named one of Oprah’s favorite things, Pipcorn is all it’s popped up to be. Made from organic, non-GMO mini kernels, they are easier to digest than the traditional kind and less likely to get stuck in your teeth. Pipcorn comes in six fresh flavors with truffle being our favorite. (Available at stores nationwide or online; $20 for a 4-pack.)
2. Elemental Superfood Seedbar: Are you wary of snack or protein bars because they can be packed with sugar? Look no further than Elemental Superfood Seedbars, which are low-sugar and contain raw, non-GMO ingredients for optimal nutrition. In addition, they are packed with fiber, protein, omega-3s and 6s. Buckwheat, almonds, flax, sunflower, and pumpkin seeds, Brazil nuts and coconut are sweetened with raw honey. Elemental comes in four mouthwatering flavors, but our favorites are the Peanut Butter & Chocolate and the Cranberry Almond Lucuma Superfood. (Available at stores nationwide or online; $29 for 12 bars.)
3. Hungryroot: Veggie noodles have popped up on menus all over and are a great way to have a low-carb, high-fiber meal. When you don’t have time to make your own, Hungry Root is a great solution. These boxed veggie noodles come with tasty toppings and sauces delivered straight to your mailbox. Each can be prepared within minutes, making it a perfect solution for a fast meal at home, work or school. Out of its six yummy flavors, we especially loved the Carrot Noodles with Siracha Peanut and the Celery Noodles with Sweet Basil Gremolata. They also make a delicious vegan bean-based cookie dough that would fool even the most ardent bean hater. (Prices vary, view here.)
4. Rawxies: These heart-shaped gluten-free and raw cookies are delicious and nutritious. Made with dates, coconut sugar, and oats, they come in six flavors, with the Lemon Poppyseed as our fave. (Available at stores nationwide or online; $24 for a box of 12)
5. Kombrewcha: You’ve probably tasted kombucha, the fermented tea chock full of probiotics, antioxidants, and vitamins. If you are a big ‘booch fan or a casual drinker, Kombrewcha (pictured, at top) is for you. Each bottle is under 65 calories, packed with probiotics and comes in four irresistible flavors including Hibiscus and Lemongrass. (Available at stores nationwide or online.)
Good food brings people together. So do good emails.