5 New Healthy Products We Love: Volume 13
This week’s list is loaded with tasty items to help you save time and stay satisfied. From the easiest oats ever to a creamy, protein-packed swap for yogurt, read on to find out what healthy snacks and products we’re obsessed with this week.
1. 88 Acres: Why do we love these wholesome, non-GMO, gluten-, nut-, soy-, egg- and dairy-free bars? They’re delicious, sure, but they’re also made from locally sourced ingredients whenever possible, and baked by hand in small batches. Plenty of (certified gluten-free) oats and seeds baked in make them super crunchy, and they’ll keep you full and satisfied. Of the three flavors, Apple Ginger is our fave (though we won’t turn down a Triple Berry or Chocolate & Sea Salt, if you’re offering…), it’s cozy and warming, with pieces of chewy real ginger scattered throughout. (Available at stores nationwide or online; $21.50 for 9 bars)
2. Rachel’s Overnight Oats: If you didn’t think overnight oats could get any easier, good news: They just did. Choose from Cinnamon-Raisin or Pumpkin-Spice, then just combine the amount you want in a jar with your choice of liquid. With chia, flax and hemp seeds already added, you get an extra hit of protein and fiber, too. (Available online; $5.29 for 1 bag)
3. Misha (now known as Wunder): Step aside, Greek yogurt, and make way for quark. This creamy, spoonable, cultured cheese (originally from Germany) is packed with protein and made from nutrient-rich grass-fed milk, plus it’s unbelievably luscious and creamy with no sour aftertaste. It comes in Original (plain), Blueberry, Vanilla Bean-Coconut, Strawberry Rhubarb and Key Lime (the last two are our faves). (Available at stores nationwide.)
4. Figberry Box: Finally, a truly easy, healthy kitchen project for you to do with your kids. Figberry is a subscription box with everything you need to make plant-based energy bites from scratch. Here’s how it works: Every month, you get a gift box that includes all the individually wrapped ingredients and a recipe card for a different flavor of energy bites. All you need is a food processor and 15 minutes, and you have a batch of tasty, good-for-you treats. Past flavors have included Apple Cinnamon and Gingerbread.
5. Burt’s Bees: Burt’s Bees Protein + Healthy Radiance. Burt’s Bees is known for their all-natural skin products; now they want to help you to be beautiful from the inside out. Their new plant-based organic protein powder—made with peas and brown rice, plus sunflower and flax seeds—has vitamins A, C and E. Plus, it’s gluten-, dairy- and soy-free. Best of all, it has only a hint of sweetness and no chalky or gritty aftertaste, so you can toss it into any recipe that can use a protein boost. One serving provides 15g of protein and more than four servings of fruits and vegetables. (Available at Amazon, select retailers and soon via Walgreens stores.)
Good food brings people together. So do good emails.